Parent Health Liaison Job Description
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Staff Supervisor, will oversee
health-related activities in the community and provide support to families
who have children with special health care needs.
- Engage in local and state activities to improve policies and systems
of care for children with special health care needs.
- Collaborate and coordinate with community services
to promote timely, family centered, community based, coordinated, and
culturally competent services to families.
- Responsible for documentation and reporting that
is relevant to activities.
- Promote family and professional partnerships.
- Provide families with information, parent to parent
support and linkages with community services.
- Act as a resource for community agencies.
- Provide trainings for Parents and Professionals
including but not limited to timely, family-centered, community based,
coordinated, and culturally competent services for families.
- Participate in ongoing training.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested